Cumbres and Toltec Oct 26-27 (SOLD OUT)
Cumbres & Toltec Scenic Railroad Photo Charter
Cumbres & Toltec Scenic Railroad
October 26-27, 2024
Lerro Photography is partnering up with David Williams from the UK to put on two additional days of steam charter extravaganza at the Cumbres & Toltec Scenic Railroad in October of 2024. At 64 miles in length, the C&TS is the longest, the highest and most authentic steam railroad in North America. During our photo tour, our trains will traverse the high desert, steep canyon walls, two tunnels, tall trestles, and high aspen mountains. Our charter will happen at the end of the passenger train season, so we’ll have the railroad to ourselves.
In addition, we are paying for two crews each day so we can take photos from dawn to dusk! Don’t miss out on this great photo opportunity.
- October 26:Rio Grande 2-8-2 class K-27 #463 will pull a freight train from Chama to Osier and back while performing runbys. If there is substantial snow on the ground, K-36 #487, which has a snowplow, will take its place.
- October 27:D&RG 4-6-0 #168 and D&RG 2-8-0 #315 will pull a freight consist and vintage passenger cars and perform runbys from Antonito to Osier and back. D&RG #168 will be renumbered to #169 or #172 with a Pyle headlamp. D&RG #315 will be renumbered to #316 with a square number plate. The tenders will also be relettered to Denver & Rio Grande.
Difficulty Level: Moderate
The altitude will range from 7000 ft to 10,000 ft so please take it easy and drink lots of water. The weather conditions can range from 60F to below freezing with snow. It is vitally important that you dress accordingly, especially as we will spend long periods standing in the elements taking our photographs.
Two full days of photography along the Cumbres & Toltec Scenic Railroad
Recommended Camera Gear
• DSLR or mirrorless camera (full-frame or cropped sensor)
• Lenses ranging from wide angle (16-35), mid-range (24-105), and a long telephoto (100-400)
• Memory cards
• Circular polarizer and ND filters
• Protection for your camera gear & backpack, rain cover
Recommended Personal Gear/Clothing
• Warm/water-resistant or proof winter boots
• Warm jacket
• Fleece underlayers
• Refillable water bottle
• Winter hat, gloves, hand warmers
• Raincoat and/or wind shell
The Trip Does NOT Include the following:
Transportation, hotels, and meals.
All those living in the USA, Asia, or South America are asked to book through Lerro Photography. For those living in the UK and Europe, please book through David Williams (email@example.com).
What You’ll See
Sign Up Information
|Cumbres & Toltec October 26-27 2024
Hotels and vehicle transportation are not included in the price.
Bank checks or money orders made payable to:
PO Box 497
Glenolden, PA 19036
Checks are not subject to credit card convenience charge.
In the envelope with your check, please include a letter with your name, email address, phone number and what you are planning on attending.
Credit Card sales are subject to a 4% convenience charge which is not refundable. The 4% has been added to the price with the button below.
Checks are not subject to this charge.
Our latest go/no-go date is August 15th. If by August 15th, there are not enough tickets sold, the charter will be canceled. All tickets are nonrefundable after our go/no-go date is set or the charter is confirmed to operate. If a patron can’t make the event after our go/no-go date or the charter is approved to operate, the patron must find someone else to purchase their ticket, or the ticket charge gets credited to a future event. Lerro Photography does reserve the right to cancel a photo charter at their discretion. If the charter is canceled, Lerro Photography will refund the photo charter ticket price. All refunds will be issued by check only. The Credit Card Convenience fee is nonrefundable regardless of patron or charter cancellation. Lerro Photography is not responsible for the loss of additional expenses.
Lerro Photography reserves the right to change the schedule, dates, and/or rolling stock if needed. We are not responsible for railroad equipment failure, delays, or cancelations. We are also not responsible for lost or stolen items, injuries, sickness, or damages to personal equipment and loss of personal travel expenses.
Failure to comply with park rules, regulations, and the direction of Lerro Photography can and will result in your expulsion from the charter without a refund. Lerro Photography reserves the right to expel a patron if needed.