Colorado Steam – Rescheduled to 2021
Colorado Steam Charters – 2020
Lerro Productions is partnering up with David Williams in the UK to put on an 8 day steam charter extravaganza in Colorado and New Mexico in the fall of 2020.
September 23 – Colorado Railroad Museum
The Colorado Railroad Museum in Golden, CO is home to a large collection of narrow gauge and standard gauge equipment. For our photo shoot, we will do a morning and evening session with Rio Grande #491 and #346. If the #20 is ready, we will use it as well. The engines will pose around the round house as well as pull freight cars around the yard and adjacent buildings.
September 24 – Georgetown Loop
Georgetown Loop is world renown for it’s narrow gauge loop between Georgetown and Silver Plume. The railroad now has two operating steam engines (2-8-0 #40 and 2-8-0 #111). In the morning, our freight train will be pulled by one of the engines. The other will pull the morning passenger trains. Midday, we will swap engines so that we can get pictures with both engines pulling passenger and freight trains.
September 25 – Como (South Park Rail Society)
New to the Colorado steam scene, the roundhouse in Como, CO has an operating steam engine; the 2-6-2 Denver, South Park & Pacific #4. The DSP&P #4 was built for the Klondike mines system and worked on the White Pass & Yukon Railway in 1914 to 1952. After it changed ownership, it found its way to Colorado. In 2017, it was restored to operational service. Our photo shoot will be broken into two parts. The morning session will feature sunrise shots around the roundhouse and adjacent tracks. The evening shoot will feature shots at the depot at sunset as well as a night session around the yard. During the day, the participants can travel to the town of South Park, CO and check out the ghost town as well as the train display in town.
September 27 to October 1 – Cumbres & Toltec
Chama, NM and Antonito, CO
- Sunday – Morning session at the stock pens in Chama to replicate a k-36 with a freight train coming in from Durango. Participants can chase the normal passenger train up the hill to Cumbres Pass later in the morning. In the afternoon, we will run a freight train with K-36 #487 from Chama to Cumbres Pass and back to Chama (Cumbres Pass Turn). A night session will be held in the Chama yard. We will stay in Chama for the night.
- Monday – Rio Grande 2-8-0 #315 and Rio Grande 2-8-2 #463 will double head and pull a morning freight to Cumbres Pass. Once at Cumbres Pass, the #315 and #463 switch back and forth, performing solo runbys all the way to Antonio. We will stay in Antonito for the night.
- Tuesday – Rio Grande 4-6-0 #168 will pull a mixed train all day out of Antonito. We will stay in Antonito for the night.
- Wednesday – Rio Grande 4-6-0 #168 and Rio Grande 2-8-0 #425 will pull a mixed train all day. (Rio Grande #315 will be dressed as the #425 for this day). We will stay in Antonito for the night.
- Thursday – Rio Grande #463 will pull our freight from Antonito to Chama, performing runbys along the way.
All those living in the USA are asked to book through Lerro Productions. All of those living in the UK and Europe, please book through David Williams (firstname.lastname@example.org). If you live in Asia or South America, you may book through either one of us.
To sign up, a half deposit is required. The remaining half will be due by May 1st, 2020.
- September 23 – Colorado Railroad Museum
- September 24 – Georgetown Loop
- September 25 – Como
- September 27 to October 1 – Cumbres & Toltec
What You’ll See
|Cumbres & Toltec (5 days) - Full Payment||$1795.00 - Full Payment||Sold Out - 0 Tickets Left|
|All Railroads (8 days) Full Payment||$2405.00 - Full Payment||Sold Out - 0 Tickets Left|
|Cumbres & Toltect (5 days) - Half Deposit||$897.50 - Half Deposit||Sold Out - 0 Tickets Left|
|All Railroads - Half Deposit||$1202.50 - Half Deposit||Sold Out - 0 Tickets Left|
Hotels and vehicle transportation are not included in the price.
The only meals covered during the charters are the lunches on the C&TS on Monday, Tuesday and Thursday.
Bank checks or money orders made payable to:
PO Box 497
Glenolden, PA 19036
Checks are not subject to credit card convenience charge.
In the envelope with your check, please include a letter with your name, email address, phone number and what you are planning on attending.
Credit Card sales are subject to a 3% convenience charge and is non refundable. The 3% has been added to the purchase button below.
Checks are not subject to this charge.